Making Changes To Existing Court Orders

An important thing to remember about most divorce, child support or child custody orders is that they do not have to be permanent. With 17 years of legal experience, lawyer Margaret Oliver can provide you with the guidance you need if you think you may qualify for a modification.

If you have questions about what it takes to modify child custody, alimony or child support orders in Howard County, Carroll County, Anne Arundel County or anywhere in Maryland, contact Oliver Family Law online or call her law firm at 410-740-1180 to schedule a consultation.

Modifying Your Divorce Is Difficult. Get The Right Legal Advice First.

While Maryland law allows for modifications, it is difficult to prove that you deserve one. A family law attorney like Margaret Oliver can help you gather the right evidence and prepare effective arguments. Some common grounds for a modification may include that you or your ex-spouse:

  • Received a raise or lost a job
  • Suffer from a disability or illness or face a medical emergency
  • Want to move out of state
  • Is living with a new partner or spouse
  • Is getting remarried

As your attorney, Ms. Oliver will sit down with you, take the time to learn all the details of your situation and prepare a strategy that protects your interests. As a litigator and mediator, she can effectively represent you in any situation necessary that gives you the best chance of a successful resolution.

Speak To A Family Law Attorney About How To Get A Modification

Margaret Oliver has the deep experience of family law that you need when determining whether you will be able to receive a modification. Contact her law firm, Oliver Family Law in Columbia, Maryland, either online or call 410-740-1180 if you would like to schedule a consultation.